Thursday, March 5, 2009

Blessed

So I am constantly and consistently being blessed by my Mother's of Preschoolers meetings on Thursdays, aka MOPS. Today more so than ever I was reminded how blessed I am to be a mother and how everything I do and say shapes and molds them. All I have ever wanted is to be a mother and to be a good mother. But I fail at times! I loose my temper and don't always give the attention that is needed. I was reminded today that my kids need to feel loved more than anything!! I must choose my battles and re-affirm them daily. I want to be a light for my children, and show them what it means to have Christ in their hearts! So with that said, I am going to take a step back, and hold my breath when I even think about exploding out of aggravation over something silly that they have done or said. I will pray before I speak, and ask God to give me that patience that I don't always have. I am so thankful for my family and for the light that my children are in my life!

1 comment:

Breton Bay said...

Wow Kathy - that was so well said! I often struggle with those same battles, thanks for the inspiration today!